All-On-4® Dental Implants Offer Immediate Full-Arch Restoration
All-on-4® dental implants allow patients to fully restore the form and function of their smile in only one day. Dr. Brian J. Polidori can perform this advanced treatment in his Lakewood, CO, practice for patients seeking improved stability and security for their dentures without the extensive healing time required by traditional implants. In many cases, patients are able to leave our office with their new smile on the same day.
The All-on-4 Technique
The All-on-4 technique offers immediate full-arch restoration for multiple tooth replacement. This is particularly helpful in cases where there may not be sufficient jawbone tissue to support traditional dental implants. The All-on-4 system system can support a full arch denture with only four dental implants. To ensure its success rate, the implants are strategically placed within the jawbone in the precise location where they can provide the most support. Aspects of this procedure include:
- Two straight implants placed in the anterior, or front, of the jaw and two implants placed at an angled position in the posterior, or back, of the jaw
- Immediate function – A fixed temporary bridge can be attached to the implants in patients who meet necessary criteria.
- No bone grafting – Bone grafting can typically be avoided with the All-on-4 treatment since the implants are angled strategically in order to utilize available bone.
Strategically placed All-on-4 dental implants can support a full-arch restoration.
Candidates for the All-on-4 Dental Implant Technique
Since each patient has a unique set of needs, it is important to attend an initial consultation with Dr. Palidori to determine if the All-on-4 technique is right for you. A series of x-rays and scans will be taken of your jawbone to measure the levels of bone density and to determine where your new dental implants should be placed. You may be a good candidate for All-on-4 implants if:
- You are missing all of your teeth on the upper arch, the lower arch, or both arches.
- You currently wear traditional dentures, but are interested in gaining more stability and function.
- You do not have a sufficient amount of jawbone tissue to support placement of traditional dental implants.
- You want to avoid bone grafting or complex dental implant surgery.
All-on-4® dental implants allow patients to fully restore the form and function of their smile in only one day.
Benefits of the All-on-4 Technique
There are many advantages for candidates of the All-on-4 dental implant technique, including:
- Prevention of bone loss: When a dental implant is placed, it acts as a natural tooth root and sends signals to your jaw to encourage new bone growth. Implants can also prevent bone degeneration that naturally occurs after tooth loss. Therefore, you can avoid the caved-in and sunken appearance which is a common byproduct of tooth loss.
- Sturdy and stable restoration: Traditional dentures can slip out of place or cause irritation. With All-on-4 implant-supported dentures, you can rest assured that your restoration will not slip out of place while you are speaking or eating.
- Immediate load: Compared to traditional implants, healing time is much quicker with the All-on-4 technique. In fact, you can leave the office the same day as your surgery with a natural-looking prosthetic in place.